Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

You Care To Connect

Since I started to venture out into business I have met a lot of people. And since achieving our dream is not a smooth sailing venture ,you've will meet people who are willing to support
you
,
and also people who will challenge you and make your life hard. That’s why It is important to have a mentor who can help and teach you the right mindset and skills in doing business and pursuing our dreams. Then I learn this lesson about “you care to connect” through my experience with them. God give me this two great mentors, they're both successful in their own businesses. And I really learn a lot from them, in fact if you are talking to them you're like reading a book. But they said that you cannot serve two masters at the same time so I made a choice who am I to follow. And honestly it gives me a hard time to choose between the two because they are both competent and great mentors. The question is who will I choose.? They both coached me everything they know, all the knowledge and skills. And what makes me decide to choose among them is the word called "care". This mentor of mine whom I choose to be my leader gives me a hard time and sometimes makes my life difficult. Why I choose him over the other? It is because I can feel that he really cares and connects with me not only in my business but also in my personal life.

I don’t know this principle before until I read a book called Everybody communicate but few connect by John Maxwel l. It's a really great book and I recommend it for reading if you really want to learn how to connect with other people. He said if you want to connect with people you must show care because people don't care what you know but how much you care. Now I understand why I choose him as a leader and mentor. I learn also that the first step to make connection is showing care. I attended a breakthrough Online Marketing yesterday and the speaker said he has a friend who is great to be a potential business partner. Although he refuses to work with him, because that person doesn’t care about him. Every time they talk to each other the conversation is always business and work related stuff. If we want people to follow us we must really care to Connect with them. John Maxwell is right that some of us communicate but few of us connect. Showing care sometimes is simply knowing what is important to other people aside from business. Right now every time I meet my business associates or clients I always ask first how was his/her day, how was his/her family or if whether he/she is okay or he/she needs rest. By simply asking question about his/her personal life will make a difference in connecting with him/her.

No comments: